Windsor Imperial Red Velvet Sponge Cake Mix - 1kg
Made in the UK, this high-quality cake mix only requires you to add water, so there is no need for eggs or oil. This helps saves you time and money, whilst delivering excellent (and delicious!) results.
This 1kg Imperial Red Velvet Sponge Cake Mix takes all of the efforts out of baking. Simply add water using the instructions for use, in order to quickly and easily make light and flavoursome sponge for cakes or cupcakes.
See below for an idea of scaling for cake sizes;
- For a 6" round cake you will need 350g of cake batter
- For an 8" round cake you will need 500g of cake batter
- For a 10" round cake you will need 770g of cake batter
- For a 12" round cake you will need 1300g of cake batter
It is advised to have a mix to water ratio of 1kg Cake Mix: 400ml Water (however you may wish to add water incrementally until your desired consistency)
- Weigh the required amount of cake mix to a bowl.
- Add half the water over 2 minutes and whist at a slow speed, scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Scrape the bowl down again.
- Add the remaining water over 2 minutes on slow speed, scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/fan 160C for 20-25 mins
WHEAT flour; sugar; non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening; fat reduced cocoa powder; skimmed MILK powder; whole dried EGG powder; raising agents: E500, E541; salt; SOYA flour; emulsifiers: E471, E475; colour: E129
E129, may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in CAPITALS
May contain Nuts;
Suitable for Vegetarians
Energy: 1174kJ / 280kcal
of which saturates: 5.3g
of which sugars: 18g
211 Europa Boulevard
Gemini Business Park