Using Separator Plates and Pillars for Multi Tiered Cakes
Using separator plates and pillars are perfect when making a multi tiered cake for any occasion, We've put together a step by step guide on how to achieve this.
2 plate system
- Place cakes on separator plates (ideally 2” larger in diameter than cake).
- Dowel each cake to support the tiers above. Cut dowels off flush with the icing.
- Position separator plate on top of each cake with feet up. (Connect only same size separator plates with pillars, so plate resting on cake should be the same diameter as the plate holding the cake above).
- Position chosen pillars over the feet of the separator plate.
- Carefully slot the next cake on its plate, onto pillars. Continue adding tiers this way.