At The Craft Company we understand and respect concerns about privacy and security when shopping online. This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us whilst using this website.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You may wish to check this section from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2008. "We/our/us" refer to Culpitt Limited trading at The Craft Company (Registered Number 00261326) at their registered office in Jubilee Industrial Estate, Ashington, Northumberland. NE63 8UQ, United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
When you make a purchase we will collect credit card information. However, your credit card information will not be stored on our website for security reasons.
To provide our customers with an online account to place an order on our website, we will collect, use and store your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number and e-mail address.
We may collect the following information on our website
- your name and contact information including you or your companys details, email address, postal address, telephone, mobile and fax numbers;
- any questions, comments or responses which you may submit online via this website;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information to provide you with information about our products and services, and in particular for the following reasons:
- our internal record keeping;
- to conduct internal data analysis;
- to improve our products and services;
- to respond to any questions, comments or responses which you may submit to us via this website;
- to enable our customer service team to get in touch with you if you have requested for us to do so;
- We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service.
Whom do we share this information with?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries, parent company, purchaser or potential purchaser of our business unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
This process may include sending personal information to other countries, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected?
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our data protection compliance officer at Culpitt Ltd, Jubilee Industrial Estate, Ashington, NE63 8UQ, United Kingdom. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
How do I remove my information?
If you would prefer to not receive our emails, please click the 'Unsubscribe' link found at the top and bottom of the next email that you receive from The Craft Company.
You may also contact us as follows:
- By Email: [email protected]
- By Phone: +44 (0)345 5651700
- By Post: Jubilee Industrial Estate, Ashington, Northumberland. NE63 8UQ.
Please include your name and address as it appears on the email or postal mail you received from us and indicate Do no contact me by (email)/(post). Please note that if you make purchases from our website, we will confirm your order by email, and we may need to contact you by phone, email or postal mail with other questions regarding your order.
How is my personal information protected?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Does The Craft Company link to other sites?
We may link to other websites, which are not within our control. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.